The ITIL Service Operation Course in UAE covers most of the staple aspects of the processes and components that go into making it possible to use technology to add value to a business
The other Service Lifecycle courses or segments, such as Service Transition, Service Design, and Service Strategy are meant to add value but do not deliver a service or activity.
It is at the Service Operation stage that users will interact with the technology and services at play, which also means support needs to be continuous and of a high caliber, thereby ensuring that services continue to be utilized.
ITIL Service Operation Intermediate Module
Like the other ITIL Service Lifecycle modules, Service Operation is a key component of the overall framework, and is instrumental because of the role it plays in the consumption of services.
The module is about the processes and operations that go into companies being able to ensure the quality and continuity of their products and services, and their avid performance.
The Service Operation area is linked with all of the other Service modules, in the sense that it ensures the smooth operation of the products and services designed during the service strategy, service design, and service transition stages, while also providing the necessary aids for their implementation.
High quality Service Operation mechanisms make sure that IT professionals are able to consistently deliver the products and services being crafted, in addition to providing the necessary resources for consumption to their customers or users.
Like the other modules part of the Managing Across the Lifecycle framework, the Service Operation course adds three credits to it.
Who The ITIL Service Operation Course Is For
The Service Operation certificate can benefit a range of IT professionals, some of which may include:
- Security Managers
- IT Managers
- Network Support Professionals
- Database Administrators
- Applications Support Professionals
The Service Operation exam has 8 MCQs, and requires a minimum 70% mark to pass.
The exam’s duration is 90 minutes, and candidates are not allowed to refer to books.
ITIL® Intermediate Service Operation is a 3 day instructor led course from Learnings24x7 designed to ensure that you clear the certification exam in the very first attempt.
The Service Strategy (SS) qualification is one of five ITIL® Service Lifecycle modules and provides you with the guidance that enables you to design, develop, and implement service provider Operation that aligns to the organizational strategy.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Operation Certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
The main target candidate for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Operation Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL service strategy stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in service strategy
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- Delegates attending this course must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- A minimum 21 hours of instruction with an Accredited Training Organization
- A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- Introduction to ITIL Intermediate - Service Operation
- Purpose, Objective, Scope and Value to Business
- The context of service operation in the ITIL service lifecycle stages
- Service operation fundamentals
- Service Operation Principles
- Achieving balance in service operation
- Providing good service
- Involvement in other lifecycle stages
- Operational health, communication and documentation
- Service operation inputs and outputs
- Service Operation Processes
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfilment Management
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- For each of the ST processes the following subsections will be included:
- Purpose and objectives
- Scope, Value to Business
- Policies, principles and basic concepts
- Process activities, methods and techniques
- Triggers, inputs, outputs and interfaces
- Critical success factors (CSF’s) and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Challenges and risks
- Common service operation activities
- Monitoring control and IT operations
- Server and mainframe management and support
- Network management
- Database administration
- Facilities and data centre management
- Operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages
- Improvement of operational activities
- Organizing for Service Operation
- Service Desk Function
- Technical Management Function
- IT Operations Management Function
- IT Operation Control
- Facilities Management
- Application Management Function
- Roles and Service Operation Organizational Structure
- Technology Considerations
- Technology, tools and telephony requirements for the service operation processes and functions
- Implementing and improvement of Service Operation
- Managing change in service operation
- Service operation and project management
- Assessing and managing risk in service operation
- Operational staff in design and transition
- Planning and implementing service management technologies
- Service Operation Challenges, CSF and Risks
- Critical Success Factors
Certification Exam Details:
ITIL 2011 – Intermediate – Service Operation
Eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
Maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language
Provisions for additional time relating to language
Candidates completing an exam in a language that is not their mother tongue have a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam and are allowed the use of a dictionary.
28/40 or 70%
This examination is available in Online or Paper based format.