The ITIL foundation course is a basic introduction to the sequence of IT services management within the business delivery segment.
The course is based on the examina tion of a case study, through which students will learn about the best practices employed in the ITIL area.
After students complete the course, they will be in a position to attempt and succeed in the ITIL exam that will give them entry into the ITL intermediate training courses.
The general ITIL area spans over service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, and continual service improvement.
Each of these segments comprises a service cycle system, which acts to improve links with the business and enables the exhibition of tangible variables such as value and return on investment.
These elements come together to identify and alleviate issues in a business through IT practices.
ITIL Foundation Course Overview
In the ITIL foundation course in UAE, students will learn:
- Core concepts in ITIL
- The mechanisms to improve IT operations
- Core functions and processes
- The use of IT knowledge in everyday situations
- Improvement of IT services and its alignment with a business
Within the course, defining service management spans over IT services and their function, the concept of how IT service create value, and the importance of the same.
In ITIL introduction, students will learn best practices, simplifying the adoption of ITIL, and the qualification system within the ITIL segment, and about the many qualifying certificates.
ITIL Foundation Course Modules
Service strategy spans over the designing, development, and the implementation of management, service management as an asset, setting objectives, and the process of prioritization.
Service design includes the development of services, processes, principles and methods, and the knowledge of how strategy is translated into services.
Service Transition comprises the development and improvement of capabilities, inculcating better methods for implementing different services into the operations system, the management of the complexity of the same, and the prevention of undesired results while accepting innovation.
In terms of subject matter, there are two other aspects part of the course; service operation and continual service improvement.
The ITIL foundation course in Kuwait will also often give students exam taking tips and review.
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
- This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers , Process Owners and Process Practitioners
- There are no prerequisites to ITIL Foundation course.
- Service Management as a practice
- The ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Service Strategy (SS)
- Service Design (SD)
- Service Transition (ST)
- Service Operation (SO)
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Generic concepts and definitions
- Key principles, models and process for Service Strategy
- Key principles, models and process for Service Design
- Key principles, models and process for Service Transition
- Key principles, models and process for Service Operation
- Key principles, models and process for Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL Service Management Functions and Roles
- Technology and Architecture in Service Management
- Competence and training
||ITIL 2011 - Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
||Multiple choice, 40 questions. The questions are selected from the full ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination question bank.
||Maximum 60 minutes for all candidates in their respective language
|Provisions for additional time relating to language
||Candidates completing an exam in a language that is not their mother tongue have a maximum of 75 minutes to complete the exam and are allowed the use of a dictionary.
||Accredited ITIL Foundation training is strongly recommended but is not a prerequisite
||26/40 or 65%
||This examination is available in Online or Paper based format.