The ITIL Service Transition Course in UAE is meant to prepare candidates for the ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Transition and adds three credits on the route to the ITIL Expert certification.
The course provides candidates with the knowledge and applied methods in the initiation, change, implementation, or ending of services.
Effective service transition means a good knowhow of how to manage risks and preserve quality, while also managing the project well.
For the one or multiple services in transition, it is necessary to identify and monitor the changes in the context of the requirements of the business in question.
Therefore, service transition services will not end when a new service or product starts being used, but will also cooperate with operations for initial support.
ITIL Service Transition Course Content
People taking the Service Transition course will come across varied areas of the risks, achievements, and obligations of the system, some of which are:
- Making a transition plan
- Providing support
- Managing Configuration
- Managing Core Changes
- Managing Implementation
- Evaluating the transition
- Technological purview in the transition
- Link between Service Lifecycle processes and Service Transition
The course is tailored for use by a range of IT professionals, regardless of whether they are direct supervisors or senior technology managers.
This includes managers, project leads, planners, consultants, IT security professionals, and other employees overseeing or linked with the transition stage of an IT product or service.
ITIL Service Transition Prerequisites
The ITIL foundation certificate is an essential prerequisite for those looking to obtain the ITIL Service Translation course.
Exam And Credits
At the end of the course, there is a 90-minute exam that has 8 MCQs, and a 70% minimum mark is required to pass it. When certified, a candidate gains 3 ITIL credits and 25 professional development units.
Trainers recommend that candidates spend at least 20 hours reviewing the material and preparing, since the examination covers several practical aspects.
Certain training organizations also deliver the course on the computer, which means training can take place from the comfort of your home.
Candidates can also sometimes obtain online learning materials through which they can decide how much time they want to give to preparation, and how much to spend on each aspect. About Course:
ITIL® Intermediate Service Transition is a 3 day instructor led course from Learnings24x7 designed to ensure that you clear the certification exam in the very first attempt.
The Service Strategy (SS) qualification is one of five ITIL® Service Lifecycle modules and provides you with the guidance that enables you to design, develop, and implement service provider strategy that aligns to the organizational strategy.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
The main target candidate for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL service strategy stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in service Transition
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- Delegates attending this course must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- A minimum 21 hours of instruction with an Accredited Training Organization
- A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- Introduction to ITIL Intermediate - Service Transition
- Purpose, Objective, Scope and Value to Business
- The context of service transition in the ITIL service lifecycle stages
- Service Transition Principles
- Service transition policies, principles and best practices for service transition
- Metrics to ensure the quality of a new or changed service
- Effectiveness and efficiency of service transition
- Inputs to and outputs from service transition
- Service transition interfaces with the other service lifecycle phases
- Service Transition Processes
- Transition Planning and Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
- For each of the ST processes the following subsections will be included:
- Purpose and objectives
- Scope, Value to Business
- Policies, principles and basic concepts
- Process activities, methods and techniques
- Triggers, inputs, outputs and interfaces
- Critical success factors (CSF’s) and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Challenges and risks
- Managing people through Service Transitions
- Managing communications and commitment
- Managing organizational and stakeholder change
- Stakeholder Management
- Organizing for Service Transition
- Organizational development
- Role of technical and application management function in service transition
- Organizational context for transitioning a service
- Service transition roles and responsibilities
- The relationship of service transition to other lifecycle phases
- Technology Considerations
- Technology requirements for service transition that support service transition as a whole and that support service transition’s integration into the whole lifecycle, including knowledge management tools
- Implementing and improvement of Service Transition
- Key activities in the introduction of service transition
- An integrated approach to service transition processes
- Implementing service transition in a virtual or cloud environment
- Service Transition Challenges, CSF and Risks
- Challenges facing service transition
- Measurement through analysing critical success factors
- Potential implementation risks that could affect services currently in transition and being planned
- External factors that affect the approach to service transition
Certification Exam Details:
ITIL 2011 – Intermediate – Service Transition
Eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
Maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language
Provisions for additional time relating to language
Candidates completing an exam in a language that is not their mother tongue have a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam and are allowed the use of a dictionary.
28/40 or 70%
This examination is available in Online or Paper based format.