The ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) module is one of the certifications within ITIL Service Capability and covers the aspects of capacity, availability, demand management, information safety, and service continuity in the practical sense.
The course components are based on the best practices derived from the ITIL service design document, and is crafted so as to develop and optimize the understanding of ITIL Service Design elements, both, on an individual and organizational level.
This course therefore plays a part in helping to make sure that the newly introduced and upgraded products, management components and frameworks, technology mechanisms, and metrics are all put in place with a view to needing little and infrequent change once implemented.
ITIL Planning, Protection And Optimization Course Credits
A minimum number of credits is placed at the end of every ITIL certification by which to move to the next level. The PPO Course carries with itself 4 credits, which are part of the total 17 leading to the ITIL Expert Level stage.
It is important to keep in mind that the PPO certificate cannot be obtained in combination with the IPPI Practitioner course for added credits, since the content of both the courses is similar.
ITIL Planning, Protection And Optimization Course Overview
The ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) course in Dubai is aimed at preparing candidates to become well-versed with the rudimentary ITIL processes that are crucial to creating and running an IT architecture that businesses can administer.
The course consists material taught by trainers and exercises to familiarize candidates with the real world application of ITIL areas, their contribution, obligations, and the organizational makeup.
By going through the course, candidates are geared towards learning about several management aspects that are important to IT Services.
Demand Management, which looks at commercial activity, so that determinations as to the required strategy can be put together.
Information Security Management, which plays a role in aligning the security aspects of the business and the IT elements with each other.
Availability Management, which pertains to ensuring that the core IT processes and services remain continuously available, and in the case of failure or interruption, can be brought back online within the stipulated timeframes.
Capacity Management relates to not only making sure that the IT aspects of the business are made available, but also that they are justifiable in terms of the costs.
ITIL® Intermediate Planning Protection and Optimization is a 4 day instructor led course from Learnings24x7 designed to ensure that you clear the certification exam in the very first attempt.
The Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) module is one of the qualifications in the ITIL® Service Capability work stream. The module focuses on the practical application of PPO practices in order enable capacity, availability, IT service continuity, information security and demand management.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) Certificate is a freestanding qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream awarding four credits and that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The target group of the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection and Optimization Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
- IT Professionals
- Business managers
- Business process owners
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of how the ITIL Certificate in the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals who are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programme
- Operational staff involved in capacity management, availability management, ITSCM, information security management, and demand management, and who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- Delegates attending this course must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- A minimum 30 hours of instruction with an Accredited Training Organization
- 2 to 4 years’ professional experience working in IT service management is highly desirable
- Introduction to ITIL Intermediate – Planning Protection and Optimization
- Understand purpose and objectives, scope and value to business
- The context in the service lifecycle of the PPO processes
- Service design basics
- The interfaces of design coordination with other processes related to PPO
- Planning Protection and Optimization Processes
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- For each of the PPO processes the following subsections will be included:
- Purpose and objectives
- Scope, Value to Business
- Policies, principles and basic concepts
- Process activities, methods and techniques
- Triggers, inputs, outputs and interfaces
- Information Management
- Critical success factors (CSF’s) and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Challenges and risks
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- The generic requirements for technology to assist service design
- The evaluation criteria for technology and tooling for process implementation
- The good practices for practice and process implementation
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related to implementing practices and processes
- How to plan and implement service management technologies
- The consideration for implementing technologies in supporting the processes within planning, protection and optimization practice, in particular, designing technology architectures
Certification Exam Details:
ITIL 2011 – Intermediate – PPO (4 Credits)
Eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
Maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language
Provisions for additional time relating to language
Candidates completing an exam in a language that is not their mother tongue have a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam and are allowed the use of a dictionary.
28/40 or 70%
This examination is available in Online or Paper based format.